Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Buried Under Books

Helmcken Falls, Wells Gray Prov Park

Love this picture by martenel100. Photo links courtesy of webshots.

My TBR stack has finally toppled. Really. So today I'm making a contingency plan. I've got to read these books! I've decided I need to read at least a book a week kinda clear out what's taking over the little table near my desk. 

Right now I'm reading Zombie Moon by Lori Devoti. I take time out every so often and read a chapter or two before launching into chores. It's the only way I can read and get anything done. ;0) Next up is Angel Slayer, by Michele Hauf. After that, lessee...the print edition of Lunewulf Law by Lorie O'Clare. There are at least 20 other books on the immediate stack. Oy vey. Why didn't I read them when I bought them? And this doesn't even take into account the stuff on my e-reader. I bought Trisha Baker's Crimson Night ages ago, and never got around to reading it. Well, it's on my immediate to-do list.

What's funny - I've read about six books in the past three weeks. None of them happened to be on the stack though. Yes, I'm mental. So I've decided to start a new reading regimen. At least a book a week from the stack. That way I can do another cull on the bookshelves in September, once Mini is in school.

Anyway, I'm about to grab another cup of coffee and start working on the second half of this werewolf story I've been writing. I got to the halfway point over the weekend, but haven't touched it much over the past two days. Time to knock out that second half so I can print it up and see what I've got. *thumbs up*

I hope you all have a snazzy Tuesday. ;0) 

2 comments:

  1. I can relate. I had like 40 books in my TBR and I never seemed to whiddle it down. I even gave away like 20 or 30 books I'd yet to read, when it looked like I would be moving this year. lol.

    Right now I only have 3 books in my TBR pile, so I'm kinda proud of that. The thing is I can't seem to get into any of them. Ugh. It's not that they are bad books, just that my mind is still in flux and cannot focus on reading. I even took a book with me when I took mum to the drs. and didn't read more than two paragraphs. True, she is a chatterbox. I knew it was a trait I got honestly. lol.

    ((hugs))
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you, girl. I've really got to stop with so many print books. I see them and buy on a whim; that's the "bad" part. ^_^ I end up having to donate so many of them at the start of the school year, just to make space. I have an e-reader and Kindle for PC, so really, only my keepers need to be in print.

    BTW, I hope your mommy is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^