Friday, June 18, 2010

Walking On Glass Flowers

Glass flowers on ceiling at The Bellagio
Glass flowers photo by brandongrant. Links courtesy of webshots.

I'm so tired this evening. I woke up at a decent hour, had coffee, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary happened until lunch. I made a box of pasta salad, because I was starving. I ate a single bowl and then remembered why I stopped buying this stuff over a year ago. It spikes my blood sugar something crazy. I've felt like a zombie ever since then. :P 

On the other hand, this story I'm prepping to send off is looking pretty good. I'd hoped to be finished with it today, but it needs more words and another editing pass. This weekend should cover it. I'm printing up the vampires as well, and sorting the chapters this weekend. I will have to make a full batch of scene cards for that book. I'm planning to go over that book with a fine tooth comb. 

Tomorrow we're all going over to my parent's house to celebrate Father's Day. I'm going to get the guys a gift each, and we're going to grill burgers. Yum. It should be a good time. Oh! Note to self, dad wants to borrow our copy of District 9.

Tonight it's going to be writing and more writing. Oh, and cupcake baking. Because I promised Mini. They'll be strawberry cuppies this time. He picked out the mix himself. It was a serious endeavor, I tell ya. ;0)

That's it for now. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I'm making cupcakes for my husband tomorrow too. I'm making lemon ones though. Good day for cupcake making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very good day for cupcake making, indeed. Psst...I'll trade you 2 strawberry cuppies for 2 lemon ones. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh cupcakes, yumm. My favorite were always the German Chocolate ones, they had coconut on them, you see...ahhhh. I still love German Chocolate cake, but it likes me too well, so it's a no go for me. Talk about spiking up the sugar! Ouch! lol
    Enjoy!

    CC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girl, German chocolate has always been my dad's favorite. Mom has baked many, many German chocolate cakes over the years. Just talking about it and I swear I can smell one baking. But then, I'm saying that like it's a bad thing. LOL! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^