Saturday, June 05, 2010

The [Vampire] Plot Thickens

The milestone fairy visits once again! I reached 45k this morning on the vampire draft. At this point, I pretty much know where I want everything to go, but on reading back through some of what I have, I can tell its going to need a lot more fleshing out on the second pass. Usually that would make me want to run screaming into the wilderness, but this time I see it as an opportunity to boost my word count, so it's all good.

I still haven't received the books I ordered. I've been stalking the mailman all week, and nothing. Boo hoo. I'm hoping they'll come in today's mail, but I'm pretty sure at least one of the books is coming via media mail. What's frustrating about it all, I would've bought all of these books in e-format just for the sake of instant gratification, but they weren't available that way.

This afternoon, I promised to make snow cones for the boys. I bought a snow cone maker on sale yesterday, along with the cups and a bottle of sugar free blue raspberry syrup. They'd stacked the boxes on an end-cap facing the bath towels, otherwise I probably wouldn't have seen them. Now I just need a bag of ice. Cass should be tickled to know I finally got one. She's been loving her snow cone maker, so I took a cue from her. ;0)

I suppose I should get back to work. I need to sort through about 50 pages of notes before I head out to pick up ice. Happy weekend, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^