Monday, June 28, 2010

Monday - New and Improved! (okay, not really)

Monarch Butterfly on Dahlia: 2
Photo by CatskillHiker. Links courtesy of Webshots.


I took a much needed day off on Sunday. The house was relatively clean (to have three males loose in it over the weekend), so I took to puttering around, doing hobby things. I've crocheted two new pot holders out of scrap yarn, begun a new latch hook, and organized some of the play pieces Mini had scattered in the Berry Happy Home. I took a few minutes to pay a few bills, and put gas in the car. Once back home, I played around on SL for a little while. It was worth it. Too much stress lately from every angle, I've been seriously ready to crack. Most of it is little annoyances that just sort of show up and you have to deal with it. Ugh.

Monday is being kind, so far. I've made good progress on the new werewolf story and it is hot, hot, hot. I love it when my characters can't keep their hands off each other. I don't have a title for it yet, but I guess I should be thinking about that. I don't know why I struggle with titles so much. I talked to an author once who could pop them off right there on the spot. She was absolutely brilliant. Ah, to pick her brain for a day!

Anyway, my goal today is to hit around 3k on the werewolves. I'm about half way there, but I have some errands to run toward the afternoon. That said, I better get on it. Happy Monday, everyone! ;0)

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read your Werewolf story, it's sounding so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mary. It's very sexy stuff. I'm hoping it's received well. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you needed the break. Seems lie I just get used to my kids being home for the summer and school starts again.

    I'm editing book 2 in my SFR series and plan to submit it in the next two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go on the upcoming series submissions, Melisse! I'm trying to work with these werewolves. I think everyone (including my characters) have summer fever. :P

    Ain't that the truth about break. It seems like school just let out, now I've got to start buying uniforms and supplies for Mini. :/ Ah, gosh, I can't believe he's going to be starting kindergarten...

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^