Thursday, May 27, 2010

WIP Milestone: 35k

I hit the 35k mark on my vampire WIP today. W00t! I have no idea how much longer this sucker is going to take me, but I'm hoping to hit the 40k mark by late Sunday.

Come Monday I'll be setting new goals for myself: approximately 10k words a week. I'm anticipating the initial draft to land somewhere around the 50k mark, and I'll be satisfied with that. My books grow quite a bit once I start working on draft #2.

The past week or so, I've been trying for 2k daily. Sometimes I'm a little over, sometimes a little under. At the end of the week, it pretty much balances out.

Tomorrow I have to run errands and buy groceries. I think hubby gets half the day off. I'm going to buy some stuff for the grill, and fixin's for a potato salad. We've talked about going up to the diamond mines in Arkansas, but I hate to travel on holiday weekends. Maybe in a couple of weeks we can do the diamond mine. I'm sure the kids will love it.

That's all for now. I'm going to hop in the bath, and hopefully get a few words in before bed. Happy wishes, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.