Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Vampire Disco

Bite me, bloodsucker.


Earlier today I reached the 25k mark in my vampire novel - W00t!  I also wrote out my log line. When I read it aloud to check for errors it snared my Oldest's attention, so I'm taking that as a good sign. Slowly but surely, a few words every day, the book is coming along. I'm still not sure who I should send it to, but I'm trying not to worry about that now. The main thing is to get it written. I hope to have at least 30k by the end of the week.

Come Monday I'm going in for minor surgery on my arm, so I probably won't write much that day. I gotta make up for it by binge writing beforehand. Am I the only one who does that?

That's about all I've got for now. I'd planned a bigger, longer, better post, but every two minutes one of the boys comes to the door of my office, or Sassie jumps up in my lap. *sigh* What can I say? It's a fact of life.

I think I better go crash in the den with them for a while. Maybe I can convince Mini to let me watch Dog Soldiers....



Inspirational music. I imagine this song is playing during one the vampire feeding scenes in my current WIP. ;0)

5 comments:

  1. LOL no binge writing I bet is common. Last year before I had elbow surgery. I practiced writing stiff armed! But to play it safe, I outlined a bunch of stuff and wrote like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, yep. That's what I've been doing. Taking tons of notes and writing every spare minute. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you heal fast from your surgery. :) But everyone needs a little reast and relaxation. Take the time to rest a little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck with your surgery. I need to do more binge writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to binge write, but I get interrupted by phone calls and 'you know who' reading to me about some stupid scientists who've created a man made virus algae from a computer program or some such crap.

    Just what we need, for some dumb asses to play God by making viral algae that can self replicate. Lovely. Reminds me of the man who had a mouse problem, so he got cats, then he had a cat problem and had to get dogs, but then he had a dog problem, etc...

    My question is what will eat viral algae and I am picturing those freaking huge nutria you showed me online, and folks in the swamplands of Louisiana eating the nutria and turning into flesh crazed, slobering zombies or some freaky shit. Sheesh. So please, please, don't eat the nutria! Yikes! roflmao!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.