Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Happy Birthday, Minibeast!


Happy birthday to the Minibeast. :*) For the last few week he's been asking me on a daily basis, "Am I five years old, yet?" He was up around 6 am this morning ready to proclaim his five-ness. Late this afternoon we're having a party over at my mom's. I'm picking up a Carvel ice cream cake and sticking toy monster trucks on it. Maybe adding some tire tracks with icing. It's what he's been asking for, a monster truck cake, so there it is. I'm hoping he isn't too twitchy throughout the day. He got up super early, and I know how hard it is to wait, but the party isn't til around 4. I'll probably have to haul him over there early to keep him occupied.

Lessee...on the work front, I'm trying to get a couple of short stories written so I have something to send out. I've got a werewolf book in the works, and another one that's a were/vampire mix. I'm trying to get these finished asap. I still have three stories off in submission land, but I have no idea when I'll be hearing back on those. There is one of them I've been waiting on for so long now, I'm considering submitting it to a couple other places. In the meantime, I'm taking a break today (and just for today) from the main vampire novel. Because of Mini's birthday. I have a hard time concentrating when I have so many things to do.

That's all for now. Crazy day ahead of me, so I better get on with the to do list. Ooh, note to self: need to check my camera batteries. Happy Tuesday, everyone!




4 comments:

  1. Hope he has a happy birthday, sure sounds like he will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Minibeast! I hope all his wishes come true. Oh, and I hope you have a great day too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Mini! ((hugs))
    Can I have a monster truck birthday cake too? That sounds like fun. hehe
    C.C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, y'all. Mini had a fun birthday. And the left over cake was yum. I made it a point to steal the last piece. ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^