Monday, May 17, 2010

Easy Breezy


The lights went out yesterday around 4pm, and by 6:30 it was so hot we could hardly stand it. Hubby decided to combat the lack of air conditioning with a nap. Oldest, however, decided to go to Grandmas. So, I drove him over there and dropped him off. Mom, Dad, and Mini were just getting back from evening church services. I visited with them a bit, then left.

I was going to go straight to the store and browse movies and pick up ice cream, but on my way home, off toward our house, this angry bolt of lightning zigzagged down. Freaked. Me. Out. There weren't any dark clouds that I could see at the time. It was all magenta sky, and some orange stratus clouds. Anyway, I figured that must've been what knocked the power out. Lightning.

I got back home and Hubster is sitting the in recliner with Sassie. I convinced him to take a drive with me to the store. We picked up all kinds of ice cream junk: cones, Magic Shell, cherries, chopped nuts...oh, and chocolate vanilla revel ice cream and a pint container of Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Cheesecake ice cream for me. Ice cream overload! It was fantastic. We picked up two movies; Gamer, and Dog Soldiers. Yes! We finally found the phantom copy of Dog Soldiers he told he he saw weeks ago. *cheer* That's one of my favorite movies. :*)

We had an awesome evening, just the two of us. We had the junkiest ice cream sundaes and watched Gerard Butler. What a man! My husband, I mean. ;0)

Mom called me first thing this morning to say: PLEASE come get your children. Hahahaha! Okay, so she didn't say it like that, but close enough. Are you coming to pick up the boys? Soon? Yeah, yeah... I grabbed all my stuff together: bills needing to be paid, library books to return, prescription to be refilled. I ran the gauntlet then made the loop and picked up the kidlets from mom's.

The boys darn near talked my ears off all the way home, bless 'em. Since then I've put together puzzles and played Hungry, Hungry Hippos with Mini, and have answered the phone fifty times. All in all, not too shabby for a Monday.

2 comments:

  1. I used to love to play Hungry Hungry Hippos with my nephews when they were little. :-)

    Sounds like you had a full day. ((hugs))

    C.C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my favorite game to play with my daughter and Nephews when they were young was Operation.

    Sounds like you had quite the day. Ice Cream is always good no matter what is going on. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^