Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Thought Bubbles


I've been super focused on my vampire project, lately. It's coming along very well, better than I had even hoped, and I hate to skip an opportunity to work on it, because it's really is where my heart is right now. Still, I promised three books this year to one publisher, and I really need to get those out of the way. Every time I sit and think about priorities, that crops up and I know I simply need to park my ass in front of the computer and get them written.

So for a few weeks, I'm switching priorities. I'm about a third of the way through the first "promised" story. I'm going to try and finish it up by Monday and have it sent off to my publisher no later than Wednesday. It may be difficult for me to get much done for about a week or so around that. I found out today that Oldest's senior tea, and the school awards ceremony is the same day as Mini's preschool graduation. *sob*

I'm going to have to ask Mini's teacher the times for the graduation and party. If his things are in the evening, I will be okay. Busy, but able to attend everything. The tea is at 8am, the ceremony is at 9am...so, if Mini's things are toward the afternoon it will be do-able. I'm pretty sure; however, that someone mentioned Mini's walking ceremony is going to be 10am. If this is so, I will have to attend the tea, then cut the awards ceremony short and race over to Mini's school for the graduation. Ugh. Gives me a headache just thinking about it!

Once that's out of the way, I'll be finished until Oldest's actual graduation day. Which reminds me, I still need to send out the invitations. Everyone that I was able to hand out to, I did. Now for the rest of the family.

But, back to writing...dark stories. Horror romances. That seems to be where I am right now. These days I don't want to write or read anything else, except maybe futuristics?  I don't know. Ugh. So it's kind of like I'm going back to my roots, only the market doesn't have much of what I'm looking for, so I assume there is also not much of a place for it?  It's a risk. One that can be either good or bad. From a reader's perspective, it absolutely sucks, but what can you do?  Aside from dragging that footlocker of dusty old books out of the closet to reread, I feel like I've hit a wall in the hunt for interesting subject matter.

Ah well, if nothing else, it's something to think about.

I'm already digging around for inspiration to fulfill my other books. I have some ideas, but nothing has gelled yet. We will see.Whatever finer details I choose, I can tell already there are going to be some late nights spent with Dr. Wicked - make no doubt about that.

Happy Tuesday, everyone. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.