Thursday, April 01, 2010

They're Watching You




I picked Mini up from school today and won't have to haul him back up there until Tuesday. That's kinda cool, but it should make for an interesting day tomorrow. I have to haul Oldest to Ruston to pick up his Tux for prom...which is tomorrow night. I put the two of them into a car together for any length of time and I start thinking about taking up residence on a remote island. But NOT the one in the video below.

Ya know, I'm a doll collector and I have been for many years. I like all kinds of 80s toys, but I mostly collect the soft face Cabbage Patch Kids. Yes, believe it or not that are entire websites devoted to grownups who play with dolls. :P

So anyway, I've seen people collect some weird shit over the years - dolls included. Some people look at me strange when I tell them I collect dolls - that doesn't faze me at all. So, yeah, I kinda understand when people start talking about "oh, it's art" or "it's a hobby". But, um...yeah. There are limits.

Today, one of the ladies in my CPK group posted a link to Robot Nine about the Isla de Muñecas, aka the Island of the Dolls. Despite the cool method behind the madness, I really don't think I could sleep in a place like this.

WARNING: although there's nothing bad in the following video, the imagery might bother young kids, so if you've got a lil'bit nearby, don't let them watch. (They could have nightmares!) {video deleted}


Trippy, yeah? Made doubly OMG with the Rosemary's Baby theme playing in the background. Someone could make a bang up horror story about this place, I'm sure.

More about Island of the Dolls at Robot Nine.

That's all for now. I'm about to get Lil Bear ready for nap naps. Hard to believe it's already pushing 8 pm. Happy Thursday, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. The Island of the Dolls was featured on Destination Truth (syfy), I think last season. It was creepy as hell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to look up that feature. Maybe they have different creepy doll shots! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.