Monday, April 05, 2010

She forgot her concerns...

funny pictures of cats with captions
But it's just a kitteh...


I stayed up until 2:30 studying last night and realized my supa-dupa #1 main 85k WIP is flawed to the point of crying in my tea. Seriously. If I hadn't already invested time into this manuscript, I'd set fire to it.

Admittedly, I did figure out how to fix it the right way, but omg this is going to involve a complete rewrite. *sob* I'm already sick of this story. I wish I'd known half this stuff about pacing and story structure a year ago. It would've saved me so many false starts...and an effing rewrite.

Ah, well. I want to dig in and go for broke, finish this bitch and kick it out the door. BUT! I've got to get at least one more story ready to go out by mid-month. As for the supa dupa #1 85k WIP, I'm going to have to keep studying, writing notes, and basically break down this book bit by bit before attempting to put it back together. Again. I can officially say this is gonna be round three.

This week should be interesting. I have to register Mini for kindergarten, mail off graduation invitations, and I'm attending an online workshop at SavvyAuthors. Sometime during all this, I need to plot out a new story for CP. I still have that story that's written up to chapter 2, but...meh. I think I can do better. That is going into a file for another day. Time to break out the big plot guns and make something fun and frisky.

Time to try out some of this workshop stuff I've been learning, I think.

That's all for now. It's almost 10:30. *sigh* I had no idea it was so late. I gotta get up early to drive Mini to school, so I better get on with the writing. Nite, nite, everyone!


funny pictures of cats with captions
Nom, nom, nom... *giggle, giggle, snort*

1 comment:

  1. I know it's a rude awakening to be that far into the writing and then come to this breakthrough realization, but better now than after you send it in to an agent, right?

    I am still waiting for my own mental breakthrough. lol. May it come before I grow too old to type. :P

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^