Friday, April 16, 2010

Princess of Blah


I thought I'd blog while waiting for my nails to dry. I took my acrylics and tips off and painted my real nails frost silver to try and protect the new growth. It looks a bit shitty, I have to admit, but I'm not ready for a refill on the acrylics. I want to make sure my nails get some "down time" so they stay healthy before heading back to Pretty Nails.

Anyway, I took Mini Beast to school early this morning. They're taking a field trip to the zoo. Next week they're taking a field trip to an actual Kindergarten class - not at the school Mini will be attending, though. I've already taken care of his registration, so this will be just an inside glimpse sort of thing for him. Tomorrow, I have to drive Oldest to school so he can catch the bus to the Chess Club tournament in Bossier. I'm so proud of him. He's the founder of the chess club at his school, even sought out a sponsor to help them fund it. Once he graduates, the chess club will still be there. So in a way, he's made a mark on his high school. Very cool.

Hubby is off work tomorrow, so I'm not sure what the plans are at this point. I hope to get more writing done.
I'm officially working on the vampire novel now, and it's going pretty good. It's much easier to write the scenes when I know right off what's supposed to be in there, so yay for those story structure courses.

So far I've written two versions for the opening scene - because I have two endings I'm as yet undecided on. With both beginning and endings, the differences are very slight. The difference is mostly in tone, rather than setting and events. The middle, however is static and solid.  Once it's all said and done, I'm going to have my beta readers tell me which of the two beginning and ending scenes worked best and why. I'll make my final decisions based on that. Until then... I'm pushing ahead to chapter two. We'll see how the vampires act when I sit down again at my computer tonight. I'm hoping they're cooperative. ;0)

Whew! Okay. Gotta get moving. I need to put the laundry in the dryer and find a fresh Tshirt to wear so I can go pick up the Mini beast. Oh, before I close... both pictures today are courtesy of www.epicute.com They're linked, so all you gotta do is click on 'em.

Happy Friday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.