Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Writers, Creators, Artists Unite

Humorous Pictures
Not all pirates are this cute.

It's our moment, people. If you are an author, writer, musician, dancer, painter, whatever...heads up!

I encourage all fellow artists to join in the fight against intellectual property theft. The Copyright Alliance is encouraging artists of ALL media types to email Victoria Espinel, the 1st U.S. Intellectual Property Enforcement Coordinator, with their piracy stories, and suggestions to protect artists online. The emails must arrive by March 24th, 2010.

Ms. Espinel and her White House team are currently putting together a Joint Strategic Plan to address Congress, so this is your chance to make your voice heard. For complete participation details and email addresses, please visit www.copyrightalliance.com, or simply view the details by going here: http://bit.ly/cjDZJt (Links to .pdf file at the Copyright Alliance site)

I have already written/sent my email. I hope more authors will take a few minutes out of their day to participate. So often we are overlooked when the government discusses media protection. Let's not give them a reason to forget about us!

On to other things, I'm on to lesson 11 (repeat) in the revision course, and I'm almost finished editing the vampire story. One more chapter to go and I'll be ready to send to my critique partner. Hopefully I'll have it in the bag today. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^