Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Making a List

funny pictures of cats with captions


I'm finally getting back into the swing of things. In those few days before heading out to Shreveport, all my normal schedule stuff got tossed out the window so I could work on my pitch. Now I'm back to revisions prep, and writing on the side. I have a lot to do before summer gets here: revisions to get through, classes to finish, and a novella to write, so of course I feel like procrastinating.

That won't get the stuff off my plate, though, so today I'm writing a "to-do" list for this book I'm working on, and listing all the scenes I can think of that I need to add in there to take it to the ending. I'll then shuffle them all, rinse and repeat, until I have all the plot holes filled and everything is put in chronological order. We'll see where that gets me.

For whatever reason, I keep fumbling the end of this book. I know what I want, but I can't seem to get from point A to point B with it. I'm having to go back to the last known "happy place" in my WIP and check all the scenes from there. I'm going to nail this bastard if it kills me.

On the topic of writerly things, I attended several awesome workshops at Written in the Stars. In Robyn DeHart's Bigger Than Botox workshop (how to handle revisions/rewrites) I finally, finally grasped the concept of theme - and how to find it in my own work! That said, the theme of my book is TRUST. (Yay-yay-yay! I feel like such a big girl, being able to say that!)

I'm going through to make sure everything fits my theme as well. I figure this way, I can at least see how far I have to go to make the book happen.

A busy day ahead of me, for sure, but the sooner I work out these issues, the sooner I can be through with it and move on. Wish me luck!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.