Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day

funny pictures of cats with captions
But was he magically delicious?


It's St. Patty's Day! If you aren't wearing green right now, consider yourself officially pinched! *pinch, pinch* (And if you're in Louisiana, consider yourself officially peenched.) ^_^

Congrats to Giada, who won my Wicked Temptation contest over at Lana Griffin's blog. Your .pdf copy has been sent, so be on the look out for sexy hot vamps hanging around in your inbox.

Speaking of contests, we're celebrating our Celtic roots over at the MMC. Cass has hosted an "Irish Hotties" game that is going on right now over at the Midnight Moon Cafe blog. It's really fun and simple. Three prizes will be rewarded to winners drawn at random from those who participate, so drop by if you get a chance.

Yesterday was crazy busy for me, and it seems like today isn't going to be much different. I'm half way through polishing my vampire story for submission, and I'm shuffling along in lesson 11 on the revision course.

To top this off, I got a visit from the idea fairy this morning. Whee! I did a fifteen minutes of fame so I wouldn't forget the premise, and walked away with a little over 1k words. Totally liberating! I can't post too much on the story itself right now, but I do believe this is the one I'll focus on for my next big project.

The vampire piece is coming along slowly but surely. I thought I'd have it finished by now, but thanks to this stupid cough and feeling horrendously ill on and off throughout the day, I'm simply working at a slower pace. I wish that wasn't true, but there it is. :P Then again, I'd rather take my time cleaning it up so I only have to do it once. There are roughly 5 pages left to go. You'd think I'd just blaze right through them, but ...ugh. I end up tweaking every page a dozen times before I'm satisfied. Ah, well, it will get there.

Tomorrow Diva Dog is off to the vet to get snipped. Poor girl has no idea it's coming. But we'll have a comfy cozy rest spot for her when we're back home. We're putting her in the master bedroom, and I'm going to move my comp back there to write while she's healing. Hubster is off right now buying a baby gate to put across the door to the hallway. This should be interesting.

That's it for now. Off to go work on the vamps some more. I hope you all have a stellar St. Patty's Day!

4 comments:

  1. FEEL BETTER SOON! And yay for the new idea! Those are awesome, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy St. Patrick's Day. I love your LOL cat. That's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Isy. ((hugs)) It's that old sinus crud that won't go away. Typical stuff.

    And yes, yay for new ideas! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy St. Patty's to you too, LK! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.