Monday, March 29, 2010

A Crash Course in OMG

Cute Baby Animal - Spring Is In The Air


I'm currently fighting with story theme (possibly story twist), and I think it may end up a battle to the death. I do not care if I have to completely reprogram my BRAIN to think in terms of writing, I'm going to learn the technical aspects of this if it kills me.

I vow that 2010 is the year that I sharpen my writing tools above what I already know. I want to take everything that I do subconsciously, and learn the technical side of it. Mainly so I'll stop annoying the crap out of myself with all this doubt. Okay, so there will always be doubt, we all doubt ourselves at times, but if I can learn the technique - that's the thing I won't question. I don't doubt my ability to change diapers. I don't doubt my ability to wash dishes. Or to put new ink cartridges in my printer. I know how to do these things. I want to have that kind of connection with theme and twist, subplots, and middles. 2010 is going to be my strength training marathon. Come hell or high water, I am going to master these things and this knee-jerk fear that I have when someone mentions them.

There! Now, that's out of the way, I shall move along...

I'm currently in the process of cleaning out my bookshelves. All the books I know I won't read again, I'm donating to the freebie table at the local library. So far I have two boxes to haul in, and I've already given away two boxes. That is just one shelf - there are two more to pick apart. I need some more boxes before I can go any further with that. :/

I'm also trying to rearrange my office so I can fit a table in here. I have stuff strewn everywhere in this room. Back when I swapped rooms with Minibeast, my goal was to make his room livable, so I just crammed everything where I could fit it in my new writing cave - which has greatly reduced square footage. You can barely walk in here, so I'm making that a goal to have in place by the summer: have my office the way I want it. First order of business, I have to buy storage boxes. No way around it, some of this stuff is going to have to be sent to the shed.

The downside to the office rearrangement, this cheap desk I've been using isn't going to survive another move. It fell apart on us when we moved it back here, and we pretty much used screws to hold it together. So, whatever I do, I can't move this desk until the very end. Once it gets to that point, I'll likely have to buy another desk.

Whew! At any rate, things are a-changing. I feel it, even if I'm not sure what it means. I do have a very strong urge to strip down the house and completely redecorate. Who knows, maybe it's just Spring fever.

Mom asked if we were going ahead with Easter dinner this Sunday. I think so. I can't say for sure because prom is coming up. I have to take Oldest to Ruston this week to get fitted for a tux. Mini's school is doing an egg hunt, so that's another thing I have to prepare for. I have a basket he can take. I still need to find out what day I need to bring eggs to the school. We're supposed to boil them at home, and the kids get to dye them as a class project. It should be fun for them. :0)

That's all for now. I need to get back to work on my class stuff. One thing about it, no one will be able to say I haven't put my very best effort into shaping up this book. ^_^

Hope you have a pleasant Monday!



1 comment:

  1. ((hugs)) I know that whatever you put your mind to, you will achieve whatsoever you desire, hon. Seriously. You have the writing chops and it's just a matter of timing the breakthrough. I know 2010 is your year to shine and you will.

    So expect a lot of online *high fives* from me, because I believe in you and am never going to stop being your cheerleader, sugar. *rah*rah*rah* Now go smack that theme into behaving! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.