Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Yes, Yes, Party

funny pictures of cats with captions
I concur. Whee.


What a day! I survived it, but it didn't get off to a very good start. Once every 3-4 months I have to go in for a blood screening and blood pressure check. I do this the day before the actual "talk to the doctor" doctor appointment. I have to fast, no water, food, nothing before the blood work is done.

The blood screen was early this morning. I got up at 7. I'd gone to bed at 11 last night, but every hour or so, a dog would come whining, or Mini would come pile in bed with us. He's too big for that now - 3 people in a queen size bed - so I pick him up and haul him back to his room, tuck him in and then back to bed for me. WAH. About four hours of that last night. I swear to all that is holy I was draggin' when I finally had to get up and stay up. And I couldn't just go into the kitchen and have coffee.

I got dressed and sat around like a zombie. For about five minutes. The minute I came into the dining room it seemed like all hell broke loose. Dogs were yapping, Mini was begging for attention and "picknin' up". Oldest and hubby were gabbing and racing in and out of the kitchen. Pure chaos. I managed to slip off to the bathroom to get dressed.

Fast forward twenty minutes, and we'd almost gotten ready to leave when Mini had an accident.We'd already dressed him for school, and he went in his pants. Hubby was in the bath and had the door locked, so he couldn't get in there. So now it's time to leave and I have to rush hubby out of the bathroom with an angry stick. Now it's a rush to run more bath water so I could put Mini in there. Only when I stripped him out of his wet clothes did I realize he had a fever. Wonderful. He's sick! No since in rushing that. I told hubby to call the school and let them know we couldn't bring Mini in.

Finally Oldest catches the bus, and I send Mini back to his room so I can dress him in fresh clothes. Once I'm in Mini's room, I realize the puppy has pissed in the floor. *sigh* Christ on a stick, can I just tell you how much I <3 my Swiffer? Anyway, I'm less than happy by this point - I'm late for my pre-appointment appointment. If I don't get there before the scheduled patients arrive I have to wait what could be hours for something that takes all of 5-10 minutes to do.

After threatening everyone with pain and eternal torment, we got our shit together and made a dash for the doctor's office. Of course, I arrive 15 minutes late, and there are patients waiting, so I sit and wait, too. After about forty minutes the nurse calls me back. She pops a vein, I go through 2 blood vials, and then she slaps a cotton ball on me with some tape and sends me on my merry way.

Tomorrow I have to go in for round two. :/ Thankfully this time it's an appointment. After that, I have to mail off a few things, and take care of bills. I'm going to do all this tomorrow, because I don't think I can stand a third day of similar fun.

On the flip side, I've managed to get caught up on the MMC book features today, and I'm gradually getting my act together for conference. I have everything together but a pair of black pants. I swear, what is up with all this faded black, charcoal gray crap on the racks now. I just want a simple pair of black pants. It's, like, the apocalypse of classic fashion. NO black pants? What next? No little black dress?

I will get through this. I WILL. And I will get through this revision lesson from hell, too. That's my current mantra. Believe it. :P

2 comments:

  1. OMG, what a day! When it rains it pours. Hope today is better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sugar! ((hugs)) Hope tomorrow goes more smoothly.

    ::fingers crossed::

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^