Tuesday, February 02, 2010

we could be serious

funny pictures of cats with captions
Taps paw: testing, testing 1,2,3


It's been a while since I've blogged. Sorry about that. I've got some really cool stuff going on this month leading up to the NOLA conference in March. I just completed lesson 9 of
Holly Lisle's novel revision course, and I'm also peeking in on the plotting workshop Deanna Lee is holding at the Cobblestone Press Main Street forum.

The Cobblestone Press workshop is completely free, and open to anyone registered to the Main Street forum. I encourage writers, and people interested in writing, to sign up. I'm all for free writing workshops. You can never know "too much" about the craft. It's all about building a better story, and improving your skills. The more you know about HOW a story is put together, the more you'll know when you sit down to build a story of your own. In other words: go check out that workshop!

I'm counting the days to the
2010 Written in the Stars Conference. I plan to pitch my fantasy-romance novel while I'm there, so as you can imagine, I'm working my tushie off trying to get in some rewriting and revisions. This, on top of pulling together what I hope will be a rock solid pitch. Cross your fingers for me!


Speaking of books and such.... Weirdly 3 is now available from Wild Child Publishing.

From paranormal to weird, from chilling to odd to scary, Weirdly: Volume 3 will sate your lust for strangeness in bite-sized pieces. Each tale weaves its own spell. Beasts, ghosts, demons, evil creatures and, of course, every day, as well as evil, people inhabit Weirdly's pages.

An ice trucker goes out on his first journey only to meet a legend... a jack-in-the-box like you've never seen... Gilbert Boggs yearns for years past and discovers that wondering "what if" might be more than he bargained for... When Jolie Broussard moves to the small town of Maison Rouge, she's just looking for a solitude, but it's not what she gets. Can she save herself? Sally and Bob love children, but they love their pets too... And much more. Do you dare to read them?


Only the Moon Will Tell is my story in this volume.

Jolie Broussard is an outsider in the little town of Maison Rouge, Louisiana. Her curious, monthly routine comes under suspicion when the town folk invite her to a firelight fais-do-do at Richard Park? What secrets will be revealed in the dark of night? Only the moon will tell.

Coming in March, I'll be doing a live reading on Second Life. The stories I touch on will include Only the Moon Will Tell, and The Ghost Train (from Weirdly 2: Eldritch). I'll be posting more about this when the event is closer to date. The pertinent information will be posted her at the CZ blog, and on these websites:

www.corazane.com
www.corazanebooks.com
www.midnightmooncafe.com

This Saturday, February 6th, I'll be giving away a copy of Weirdly 3 at the Midnight Moon Cafe Blog, so be sure to drop by for a chance to win a sparkly fresh PDF copy.

On the home front, hubster went out and bought a copy of Zombieland today, so you can imagine what I'll be watching tonight. I've been looking forward to this one. Is it any good? No, wait! Don't tell me! :D

That's it for now. I'm off to put the Minibeast in the bath. I hope you're all having a good week. Happy Tuesday!




2 comments:

  1. Yay! Weirdly 3 is out! Woot! And thanks for the heads-up about that workshop! Cool beans.

    Never hurts to learn something new, and this doesn't even involve math, so it's all good! lol.

    Hugs,
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to get this one for my e reader! I love weird stories!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.