Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy, happy Valentine's day! The man did a very romantic thing for me yesterday. While I was at the history center in Bossier for the local chapter meeting, he bought two blueberry bushes and planted them in the yard. *sniff, sniff* I have been talking about getting a couple of berry bushes for months now. I do think he's a keeper. :*)

Diane O'Brien Kelly gave an awesome workshop on taxes - all geared toward writers, of course. There was quite a bit in there that I didn't know. Like the myths about hobby income vs. business income. If you ever get a chance to hear her speak, take a notebook and settle in. There is a lot of important stuff going on in that workshop.

On another note, I'm still working on lesson 10 of my revision course. I've been devoting hours to this thing daily, and while it is grueling work, I can already see how this is going to help my book.

When I told my hubby the new and improved beginning for "Maiden", he was blown away. He actually turned down the volume on his computer to listen to the story arc. I won out over Guild Wars, people. Do you understand the implication of such a domestic victory? *faint*

Today I'll be working on lesson 10 a bit more, and filling out note cards. Man, the conference is coming so fast. I'm still ironing out my pitch, but I think I pretty much have the bulk of what I want to say on paper. I've sent it out to a few friends for feedback. Cass, of course, and Jamie, from my RWA group. I'm still not sure I've got the conflict right.

Once I've exhausted myself with eye-blasting, neon colored note cards for the day, I have to do a bit of actual writing. I promise to have a book to my editor around the first of April.

All that aside, I think I should probably put Sassie in her doggy bed (she's in my lap) and go thrown the laundry in the wash before the boys get home. Off for now. I hope you all have a yummy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. That definitely was an achievement. It's pretty rare at my house for me to rate above the video game for attention. Well, at least to pause the game; I can keep him from starting it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe! Yes. Same here. Bless his heart he was trying to get some kind of special item. Once he gets going, he's in the zone.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^