Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Decadent Conflict




My gosh, what an awesome photo. If you click it, it takes you to the webshots album. The photographer pbono has other pictures of Carnival in Venice. Gorgeous stuff!

The masks and costumes are kind of what I had in mind when I wrote Wicked Temptation. I love the elaborate costumes - seriously decadent. Wouldn't you like to know who is behind that mask? I would! :0)

It's boiling down to conference time, and I'm still working on my pitch. I have it down for the most part, but I'm wondering about the ending - the conflict. I'm not sure why it's off, it just is. Must definitely fix that next week. Starting next Monday, I have to shift gears a bit to prepare for Written in the Stars. The pitch is gonna be jumping to the head of that list. I feel more confident when I take time to practice reading my pitches aloud.

As for the actual act of writing, I'm thick in revision classes right now. I've received my coursework for lesson 11 on Monday, but I'm not ready to move forward yet. I'm still midway through lesson 10. I believe, but am not 100% sure, that I'm currently prepping my manuscript for write-ins. Yay!

I've been devoting several hours a day to revision and index cards. It's grueling, nerve frazzling, frustrating, and slow going, but.... I already see it paying off. I'm taking my time with it, but at this rate, I should have my book ready to submit by the end of summer, if not a little sooner. I'm very psyched about that.

That's about it for tonight. Tomorrow I'm back to the doctor for my quarterly blood tests. Basically a thyroid, kidney, and blood pressure check. It's a 2 part deal. I go tomorrow for the blood work, then my actual doctor's exam is on Thursday. At any rate, I have to get up early in the morning, so I better hit the sack. Busy day tomorrow.

Nite nite, everyone - and sweet dreams! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^