Saturday, February 27, 2010

Caught in a Bubble

dog


I know I'm not blogging at a regular pace these days. My apologies. There are a ton of things I could say, stuff that breaks my heart, but isn't about me. Believe it or not, as much as I like to blab, I'm only willing to blab my own issues - not my loved ones. So there are many things going on around me I just can't talk about. In that respect, 2010 has been one lesson in disaster after another, and every day I hug and kiss my hubby and kids because we have been so fortunate. It's a blessing just that we are okay.

My niece's wedding is today, so the plan was for the Hubster and me to attend the wedding, but things got sidetracked. We have Mini with us, and Oldest is doggy sitting for my Mom and Dad now that they're on their way to Texas. My grandmother is going in for surgery soon to have her lymph nodes removed. Her cancer has spread. There is the lymph nodes thing, and afterwards she starts radiation therapy. It's very tense for the family right now.

On the other hand, Hubster and I had lunch with my parents this past Wednesday. A really good visit. While dad and the hubster stabbed a transmission, Mom and I chatted. I ended up raiding her shoe closet, which is like a mini-shoe store. I came away with two pairs of pale beige wedge sandals that are potentially conference suitable. I have to do a test run on my outfits this week to see if I need any last minute pieces.

funny pictures of dogs with captions



My fantasy romance novel is almost ready for the write-in phase. It's been slow going, but I can already tell it's worth the effort. I'm excited about the characters and the way they've grown. I've almost pulled together all my end scenes, which is all I'm lacking. Roughly 10 scenes. I had them finished, printed up the notes, but decided on the read through that I lost interest right past the mid-point. Soooo, I'm reworking that section, and basically getting the "last gasp" together so I'll be ready for Lesson 13 on Monday. I won't have as much time to devote to classes next week, so this will hopefully save me from getting too far behind.

I'm about half way through reading A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. I have no idea where this story is going, but the author is an absolute master of characterization. For research, I'm also reading a book called The Vikings, by Howard La Fey. (non-fiction, hard cover, Nat. Geographic books) Very interesting book.

OH! Before I forget... There's a call out for urban fantasy, fantasy, and books driven by the female protagonist POV. Juno Books has the information on their blog. Be sure to read the guidelines!

That's all I've got for now, so I'm cracking the whip and getting back to work. I hope you have a snazzy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.