Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Working On My Mousterpiece

funny pictures of cats with captions


I really don't have the patience for being sick right now, but there it is. It started last week when Oldest came home with a hacking cough. A few days ago, Mini came racing into my writing room. "Mimi, help! My nose..."

The term "bubbling goo monster" comes to mind.

I knew it then the ick was making rounds in the house. The same afternoon Mini came to me with severe booger nose, he wanted to nap-nap with me in the recliner. Poor thing just wasn't feeling well. At one point, I was rocking him and he was breathing just so in my face. I should've known then I was gonna be the next to fall.

Well, it landed on me yesterday, and good Pete, where does it all come from? I have used an entire double roll of Charmin to blow my nose and it.just.keeps.coming! My nose looks like Rudolph's, and my throat is sore from all the coughing, snorting, and congestion. Bah! At this point, I'd be satisfied to breathe out of both nostrils at the same time. ~_~'

But enough bitching about that. Sickness comes and goes, and there's so much work to do. Except for a few hours where I felt a bit delirious, I've been working steadily on revisions. And writing! Gosh, the day before yesterday I sat down and wrote a 1500 word short story. I haven't written anything fresh since, what, November?

Back to the rewrites, I've reached lesson seven of the Holly Lisle novel revision course. Because of the ick, I've been a little adrift and don't feel like I've got my head totally in the game. It's not for lack of trying, though. Right now, I'm just so annoyed with my characters... They travel around the book so much, it tires me out, just thinking about it. The thing is, I don't even know if if my concern about their roaming relates to the lesson. Something just seems "off", and I can't pinpoint what it is.

I feel like if I can just get that part - the scene "traveling" - on the straight and narrow, I'll have THE BOOK in order, for what it's worth. In the meantime, I guess I'll just keep slogging through the tar pit and hope for the best.

That's all for now. I need to brush my teeth and hit the bed. Sweet dreams, everyone. Night, night!


3 comments:

  1. I hope you get to feeling better soon! (And don't take as long to get over it as I did when I got sick recently...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks bunches, Cory and Ann. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^