Monday, January 25, 2010

Space Pirates and Lesson 8

funny pictures of cats with captions
Fashion Kitty Wears All-Natural UGGs


Oldest stayed home from school today. I think maybe he missed some important assignment and is doing makeup work or something. Too, he's been staying up super late, usually until around 1 in the morning, so I know his sleep schedule is off. He was up grabbing breakfast earlier and I told him he's to get his rear out of bed today - no four hour naps - and finish up his work. I know, I know...I'm none to charitable, but after what I've spent on his senior year so far, he needs to get his shit together in a serious, "Mom's gonna kick my ass if I don't", kind of way.

It's not exactly going to be a fun hooky day though. I've put him on puppy patrol, and in a bit he's going with me to haul off garbage. Late this evening, he'll be doing laundry. I anticipate he'll have a sudden desire to return to school tomorrow. We'll see.

I'm feeling much better, so I stayed up late last night and worked on revising my story. I'm starting to do write-ins, albeit in a separate .doc file since I'm still doing the revision course. I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but I do have to pick up the pace so I can pull a pitch together. The story has changed so much from the initial draft, it's gonna take a lot of clean up. Even so, I'm thinking the effort will pay off. The skeleton of the story is so much stronger. It's hard to explain it, but there's a whole new dimension to the writing now.

I'm working on lesson 8 today, and going over notes from two previous workshops - transitions and pitch preparation. That's pretty much the order of business for the week. I'm pulling this thing together one step at a time.

That's it for now. Gotta get lunch together for Oldest bratling. After I get through with lessons, I'll likely hit the couch and read for a bit. I recently picked up a copy of Unmasked by CJ Barry. Space pirates. Yum! :0)

Happy Monday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^