Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas 2009




We went to my parents for Christmas Eve dinner today, and opened gifts. This has been the tradition for the past twenty years or so. Christmas Eve is spent opening gifts with my parents, and then we have our official Christmas day at home. This is also when the boys open their Santa presents.

Today was an awesome, stress-free day with the parents. Dinner was ham, turkey with dressing, green beans, deviled eggs, baked macaroni, rolls, and all the trimmings. Dessert was a buffet of different kinds of pies. After the meal, we exchanged gifts.

Mom bought me a lovely pair of gold hoop earrings. Bless her heart. A few years back I went out shopping with her, and lost one of my favorite gold hoops. How or where, I have no idea. I got home, and found out I was wearing only one earring. Cute, no? I kept saying I would replace the pair, but never did. How sweet of her to remember that.

After gifts, we took pictures and chatted a while before it was time to leave. Yes, it was a really good day.

Once Mini goes to bed, I have Santa wrapping to do. In the meantime, I better hunker down with some course work. I'm still in the running, but I've fallen behind. Ah well, Christmas only comes once a year.

That's all for now. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday, however you celebrate it. :0)

4 comments:

  1. I envy the whole stress-free thing, girl. lol. My family is drama city, each eager to vie for attention, sheesh. I tells ya, I wonder sometimes if I am related to them at all...rofl.

    Or as my one cuz says - that's just because you're an Aquarian. lol.

    Anyhoo, glad it was a good one. ((hugs)) Now, get back to that story! It won't write itself! :Cass crackin' da whip:

    ReplyDelete
  2. merry belated christmas cora..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cass - ((hugs)) Thanks for the whip-cracking, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry belated Christmas, Danielle! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^