Friday, December 18, 2009

Bye Bye JT

Look at those pretty blue eyes!

I had to say goodbye to JT this morning. Oh, that was soooo hard to do. :*( He was my favorite of the litter, but he's had a home to go to since he was a week old. The hubster is gonna tell his friend I want an occasional picture update to see how the lil guy is doing. What a precious peach.

Chubby and Sassy are the only ones left, so that makes Chubby the only one we have to search out a home for. Right now, both are asleep in my lap. Little do they know they're both getting a bath this evening. Their mama is getting one, too.

I'm running the dish washer and doing a bit of laundry while the guys are gone. This is probably the last moment of peace I'll get before Christmas, so I'm taking advantage of it. I bought a new ink cartridge yesterday so I can print up lesson two of my revision class. That's on the agenda for today.

On Sunday, I'm taking Mini over to my mom's and she's going to watch him for two days while we clean out his toys, and swap his bedroom with my office. First thing, we've got to go through his toys - and omfg, there are many.

Everything is going to Goodwill or the Salvation Army except his cars and trucks, his train set, and his Fisher Price Castle. Once that's done, it's a similar chore for my office. Then we'll shove everything into Mini's room, rip up all the tile in the office and repaint the old paneling floor to ceiling in a semi-gloss white.

While I'm putting down new tile. I imagine Hubster will do the trim work, which will John Deere tractors if we can find enough to go around the room. Mini loves cars, truck, and tractors, but not everything "grows with you". Disney Cars won't work when he's 14. Know what I mean? So tractors it is.

Once I have everything arranged in the "new office", aka, Mini's old room, I may put up a seashell border or something. I haven't decided. The room is going to stay mostly the same. It's robin's egg blue with matching curtains, and I redid the tile last year. So it works for me. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

This way, I'll have the "haunted" room in the house for myself, and maybe Mini will agree to sleep in his own room - the old office. I don't know what it is about that particular bedroom, but both kids were terrified of it - Mini and Oldest. It's not like our house is that old. I believe it was built in the mid 60s, but even if I'm off on that, it's not by much. The house is definitely no older than 1950. Both kids have said it's "scary back there", and that they feel like they're being watched. Well, of course they are. By Santa Clause. At least that's what I tell them. :P

So, my office will now be the oogly boogly, spooky room. I swear, if even one ghost messes with me while I'm working, they'll wish to God they found a Motel 6 to haunt. Seriously, I can be a bear when I'm on deadline. I'm perfectly content to share the room. I mean, IMO it kinda sucks - the idea that if you died, you'd come back to haunt a four bedroom ranch style house in Northern Louisiana, but I guess the ghosts can't all flock to Maui. At any rate, they better just rattle the office windows and leave the effing keyboard alone.

That's all I've got for now. I need to put Sassy and Chubby on their sleeping mat so I can put in this cartridge and get to work on this lesson. Happy Friday, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. oh..that dog is the cutest thing ever..:-((( wish i had one too..:-(

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^