Tuesday, December 15, 2009

And Then There Were Three


Mini and "the popples" in front of the dog food storage cabinet.


It's been a good day, but kind of sad. Hubster's friend asked to adopt one of the puppies, so at five today he drove Bingo and Tiny over to the compressor station entrance to wait for BR to come out. (In the picture above, Tiny is the little black and white pup by Mini's left leg in the picture, and Bingo is peeking around Mini's back.)

Before they left, I gave both pups a quick scrub and dry, packed two large zipper bags full of puppy chow, and packed Bingo's squeaky hedgehog in case he was the one chosen. We bought the hedgehog for all the pups, but he's the only one who has played with it, so as I see it, the toy is his. I bundled the pups in a warm towel, and we lined a laundry basket with a blanket. I held both pups, petted them, and gave them tons of kisses before hubster took them out to the Jeep. I had no idea which pup would be coming back home.

Less than thirty minutes later, hubster returned. I came out of the back bedroom where I'd been chatting with Cass on SL, and asked him, "Who made it back home?"

Hubster gestured to an empty basket. "Neither."

As it turns out, BR chose Tiny. He said he had a thing for runts of the litter. Less than two minutes after he chose the one he wanted, another friend walked through the gate, saw Hubster, and came over to peek in the box. He ended up taking Bingo home as a gift for his daughter. So in less than five minutes, two pups found new homes. It's a good thing, but I admit I miss seeing them toddle around the dining room. :*(

On Friday, Chris is coming to pick up little JT, the brown-spotted male of the litter. (Mini is hugging him in the picture above.) Hubster picked Sassy for himself, so that leaves Chubby the only popple-beast not spoken for. There was a man who expressed interest in him, but we aren't sure that's going to work out.



A pile of puppies.


As you can imagine, Mini is devastated. He thought his daddy was just taking the pups for a ride. That he would be bringing them back. Poor thing. Seeing him cry over Bingo and Tiny made me cry, too. It helped him a little to know Sassy is staying, but still... I guess it's never easy.

On a lighter note...

I'm a little over half way finished with this first pass through my manuscript. Effers, what a mess! Once I'm finished blogging, I plan to knock out a couple of chapters before bed. I'd hoped to have this part finished by now, but this is major clean up. Oy vey. I honestly didn't anticipate finding this much stuff to repair.

I have lesson two printed and shelved, but I'm not ready to touch it yet. I'm thinking I probably won't be ready to sort through that until the weekend. Can't do anything with it until after I've wrapped up lesson one, for sure. It's slow going, but I feel like I'll catch more by taking my time with it.

That's it for now. I hope you all have a fabulous Tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad I wasn't in your shoes... I'd have wanted to keep them all! They're so cute! :)

    A friend's dog is having puppies next week so I can't wait to go round and have a cuddle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute picture! Glad to hear they found homes. Even if it is a little heartbreaking. I don't think I could have given any of them away very easily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, what a touching story about the puppies. I hear you — it seems great that they found (what I hope are ideal) homes, but I also had a lump in my throat as I read. And I haven't even met them!

    Adorable picture. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^