Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Stumbling Along




It's around 9:30 am, and I'm taking a short writing break. I've tacked on 1k to my NaNo project, and I'm about to go for round two. I wrote an obscene amount of words yesterday using Dr. Wicked's Write Or Die lab for desktop.

BTW, if you don't have the desktop version of Write or Die yet, I highly recommend it. It is so incredibly easy to use. Not only that, it's a very small download, and when using the program you can save your work, set the time and word counts you're shooting for per session, and best of all it costs only $10 USD. [And if any FTC ass-biting knuckle draggers are reading this, no one paid me for that "endorsement".]

My goal today is to write 3k words, if I can keep going for that long. That will put me up to 18k. I'm crossing my fingers. I really need to shoot above the 50k mark, but for NaNo's sake, I'm not budging the finish line. I can look at that later. For now, I'm just trying to get my pacing right. At the start of the book there was such an issue getting the hero and heroine into the same room together. I can see right now, I'm probably going to have to shave a lot of words off the front once this thing is finished. Ah well, there are worse "book afflictions". ;0)

That's enough for now. I better get back to writing while the getting's good. Happy hump day everyone. Write, write, write!




4 comments:

  1. I bought the desktop version of Write or Die figuring I'd need it for NaNo. Haven't needed it yet thankfully, but isn't it a fantastic tool?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, it's a great little program. I love it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally need a "Write or Die" kick in the butt. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Run over there, Teri! Dr. Wicked gives great kicks! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^