Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Scratches All Down My Back



So the doctor visit went fine yesterday. I have a huge bandage on my arm, but it looks fine. The doctor was mostly concerned about my blood pressure and my kidneys. They still want to do a complete thyroid work up on me, a lipid test, and a renal scan. I'm bummed about the renal scan. I cried a little on the way home about that. They could've said just about anything to me but that. I do not want any issues with my kidneys, so if you can spare a prayer...even one little one, pray that there are no kidney issues. Sort of like Elaine on Seinfeld, if you can spare a square - know what I mean? ;0)

I have to go back to the doctor tomorrow to do the blood work, and today I have to find some kind of insurance that will cover pre-existing conditions. The doctor I went to didn't mince any words about the cost. She told me that with my thyroid being screwed up, and my kidneys looking less than happy, insurance is going to be a must. She gave me the name of a company, and I'm going to call them this afternoon.

I'm still working on my NaNo project. It's over 20k, but I haven't compiled it all into one file so I can dump it into the verify box. Will do that asap. Five more thousand and I'll be at the half way point. Woot!

Oh, if you're looking for buddies on NaNo, add me! My username is lastdimtwilight. I don't visit the forums to chat, but I do check my buddy page daily to see how you're fairing and say Rah-Rahs to my screen. Really I do. Good writing mojo and all that.

That's about it for now. Hope you have a great Tuesday!



13 comments:

  1. Oh Cora! You're definitely in my thoughts babe! Call me if anything. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. cora..for sure..i say..a lil prayer for you and your kidneys..

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He4NFXIKQkk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hope you can get insurance. And I'll keep good thoughts for you for your tests. I sure hope everything comes back okay for you.

    Oh, and I added you as a NaNo Buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cora,

    I'm thinking of you. I hope that everything will be allright with you and your kidneys.

    I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sending some virtual hugs your way and hope that everything works out great in the end.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Health and healing and love to you. Also, according to Five-Element Acupuncture, we are in the season of Winter (element water, color blue), of which the kidneys are the main corresponding organ. The season is supporting you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch, I hope you can get insurance and that you kidneys are okay. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ((hugs)) Isabelle :*)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many thanks, Danielle! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I added you as a buddy too, Leah. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Peggy and Yolanda, thanks for the well wishes. It means a lot. :*)

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, Emerald, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks bunches, Ann! :*)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.