Monday, November 02, 2009

NaNoWriMo Madness




I can hardly believe it's November already! Where did the year go? August through October has been a flurry of non-stop obligations, and yet I still have so much left to do.

Yesterday was the first day of NaNoWriMo. I signed up on Halloween, and have pledged to dig my way through a rough draft. I've been so out of it lately, I need a kick in the pants to get me going again. At the end of the day, I logged in just over 1k words. Not too bad, but not great either. Lots of distractions yesterday, but then again I had a full house. On the bright side, I did manage to get some plot holes worked out, and it seems that finally, finally the ick cycle has been broken. Both kids are in school today, so if I can just stay off the phone this morning I'll be able to catch up. :0)

I've done NaNo quite a few times over the years, but I've never made it to 50k. I plan to break that tradition this year. Are you with me? No? Would you like to be? Add me as a buddy! My username is lastdimtwilight. Funny, I went to go log into my old account and it had been vaporized or something, so I just recreated it - old user name and everything. Now if I can just remember all the years of NaNo that I participated in and LOST I could set everything kinda back like it was. ~_^

That said, I really must get going on my project. I hope you all have a snazzy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! I know you can do it. I was going to sign up but trying that kind of kamikaze writing with an 8 month old is just too overwhelming. Sitting it out this year - begrudgingly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the good luck wishes, Isy! I wish you could do it too, but I do understand. BTW, did you see that Dr. Wicked has released the desktop version of Write or Die? It's pretty cheap and works great. Might help crank those words out?

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I signed up on Nov. 1 - never done it before - we'll see how I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck, and good writing, Robin! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^