Monday, November 30, 2009

Last Day of NaNo 2009

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday this year. I can't remember the last time we had such a peaceful, no-stress holiday. It was fantastic!

We went to my parent's house for dinner, visited for a while, then came home to chill around the house. Oldest stayed the night over at his Grams, and Hubster and Mini did their own thing while I worked on my NaNo story.

On Saturday, Hubster took Mini to the art show in town and realized they had a stand there for alligator on a stick. Lemme just say, alligator is yum. Hubster bought two skewered alligator nibblet things and brought them home to me while they were still hot. What a man! He wins so many brownie points for that, there is no category.

So, I ate alligator kebabs (Mini helped), and working some more on the NaNo story. That evening, they went to the Christmas parade. Mini came back with pockets full of candy, mardi gras beads, and a panda plushie. That's quite a haul for one little guy.

Yesterday, we left early in the morning to take Mini to my godfather's office. He got his first official checkup from the dentist. He was super scared, so I sat in the dental chair and pulled him into my lap. My godfather checked his teeth - which are perfect, no cavities - and did a flouride rinse on him. Once that was over, Mini was shocked. "That didn't hurt at all."

After the visit with my godfather, we went to Ryan's for lunch. First thing it the door, Mini says, "I want chocolate chip cookies!" Yeah, so that mussed everything accomplished at the dentist office, but what're you gonna do? ;0)

That afternoon, once we'd returned home, I set out to blast the doors off my NaNo project. I'd parked it the day before at 47k. I broke out the big guns: Diet A&W cream soda, parked my laptop in the bed room, and set to work. About an hour and a half later, I had 50k. I could have peed, I was so happy. I went instantly and put in my 50k over at www.nanowrimo.org

So for the first time ever, I win at NaNo. Wheee!



As a reward for my efforts, I folded two loads of laundry, and sacked up garbage to haul off to the "kitty farm". Good days, good days.... For the next 3 months I get the pleasure of pulling my hair out while choppin' and blockin' this fantasy romance novel into something presentable. It's going to be my pitch piece for the 2010 Written in the Stars Conference.

Speaking of which, I still need to call in and make hotel reservations. Hm...

That's all for now. I hope you have a pleasant Monday. Just think, tomorrow is December 1st!

2 comments:

  1. Freaking awesome, Cora!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Isabelle! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.