Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Where are the REAL men?



So I was watching a movie the other day - I have no idea what the hell it was called, since it was just one of those flipping through the channels kinda thing. Well, I stopped on this one show because...I don't know why. Something grabbed me, but anyway, I was trying to get into it when it occurred to me that the "man" in the movie - supposedly a grown man, looked like a little boy in a business suit. I mean, he looked like he was barely old enough to sprout peach fuzz.

Is it just me, or have the true manly men retired from movies? Remember when grown men in movies looked like Gregory Peck? I was never attracted to Gregory Peck or anything, but I do like rugged men over pretty boys any day. Screw "guyliner", give me a five o'clock shadow and a few lines by his eyes. A man who looks like he's worked for a living, whether in an office or out in the sun working construction.

The point is, this guy in the movie - who looked like he couldn't have been a day over 22, was supposed to be old enough to have graduated from college and have secured a top spot at a firm? Who's daddy got him that job? Ugh. So effing unreal and annoying. Yeah, I didn't sit through that one all the way. I went back to writing, mostly because I like watching real men. Like Frank Langella as Dog Brown. RAWR. Johnny Depp, David Duchovny, and Kurt Russell are others I can think of. Of course, my fave cylon as well, aka Lew Ashby. I swear tho, the "adults" in movies just keep getting younger and younger. Come on casting directors, 12 year olds aren't the only ones who watch movies. :P

Today there is a virtual book reading going on in Second Life. Author Cassandra Curtis will be reading excerpts from her books - I Put A Spell On You, and I believe The Ghost of Goodacre Hall. She'll also be reading from my books Crossing Borders and Moonlight and Shadows. There are Midnight Moon Cafe t-shirts available at the Phantasmagoria Theater - just touch and receive your free shirt. For the surl for any of these locations, please check out www.cassandracurtis.com/blog - or contact "Cassandra Sharktooth" directly on Second Life. She'll get the info to you asap!

I plan to attempt a few of the readings, but for whatever reason, my computer keeps cutting me out of voice chat. Last night, the general consensus was my mic sounded like "fornicating mice" running rampant on my keyboard. Oy vey! *_* I'm trying to get that fixed, and hope that it isn't just my DSL connection fritzing things.

So I've been working on my "Seth" story for the past few days. I love him. I do. I have a huge crush on him, but I tell ya the story is like pulling teeth. I'm pretty sure it's daily stress getting to me, because it's not like the plot is superdy complicated or anything. Everything sounds stilted, and I'm wary of going any further because of it. I know I can't afford to dwell on that too much though, since it has to be finished sometime in February. Looks like I'm going to have to get in on some timed writings before the month is up just to pick up my word count.

That's everything going on in my world at the moment. I hope you're all having a fabulous Tuesday. ;0)


2 comments:

  1. i think i gonna be a real man...soon...i got the chin for it..just wait..i m a sexy midthirty dude in training...:-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Danielle! ^_^ ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.