Monday, October 26, 2009

Kick A Pirate




I just got home from driving Mini to school. Oldest has the ick, so he's off in bed, snoring the house down. Poor thing. I'm going to have to keep an eye on him. Hubby has instilled this horrific fear of swine flu in me. Against Mini's loud protests, I took him to school. At least there everyone seems healthy - no sniffles, coughs, or sneezes.

Too, he gets bored at home through the day now. He's used to having 24/7 entertainment and attention at school from teachers and other kids, so now when he's home with me all day he acts bored. He had me practically jumping through hoops over the weekend - Mimi, let's color. Mimi, let's build blocks, play cars, go out to the swing set. It was fun, but a bit exhausting, especially with me staying up all hours of the night effing around on SL and chatting with Cass.

I wrote 1k words yesterday, and I'm happy with that. The story has taken a turn in a direction I hadn't anticipated, but it's exciting, so I'm just going to go with it and see where it takes me. If it starts going too far out on a tangent, I'll reel it back in using my plot cards. Until then, there is this whole dark and dangerous vibe I'm exploring. ;0)

Speaking of writing and writer-ly things, friends have sent me two links to a couple of very good articles on the interwebz. Cassandra Curtis sent me this: One is a link to Shiloh Walker's blog post about piracy. I swear to all that's holy, I couldn't agree with her more. I don't know her, but she wins my blog hero, kick a pirate in the crotch award of the year.

The other link is to an article on Dear Author about the state of the romance market. Or maybe it's erotic romance market. Eh, it all blends. At any rate, the article is based on observations made by Laura Bradford of the Bradford Literary Agency.

That's all I have for today. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things now that we have the man back from DC, and the month is winding down. Hopefully this will bring back some of my writing mojo. Wish me luck! ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.