Thursday, October 22, 2009

Bowl of Cherries




A cousin called Hubster yesterday to let him know that his dad was in the ER at Walter Reed Hospital. Talk about a frazzled mess. Here we are, across the country, and there's not a thing we can do about it. Hubster raced home from work, an emotional mess, and we started trying to figure out how we're going to get to DC.

He left yesterday afternoon for North Carolina, driving to his cousin's house. From there, they plan to carpool and drive the rest of the way to DC.

I waited up until midnight last night for a phone call to find out where he was, and finally called him instead. He'd made it to Atlanta, and was pushing through traffic there. It wasn't as bad as last time, thankfully. This morning, I got a call from him, and he's made it to North Carolina. He's about 40 miles from his cousin's house now. Whew! I imagine he'll take a long snooze once he gets there.

That's pretty much all I've got for now. Seems like I'm having my own personal mini-Mercury retrograde. Ugh. At the very least, I've got the coffee pot going and I'm going to write for a bit when I'm back from hauling Mini to school. That will have to hold me over until more news comes.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope things start to look up soon. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in the DC area — if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know (emerald at thegreenlightdistrict dot org). Best to you and all involved.

    And holy gorgeous picture!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.