Monday, September 28, 2009

Thoughts Adrift




Monday has landed. I should be sitting in the doctor's office right now, but on my way out the door this morning to take Mini to preschool, I got a call from the receptionist. Of course, she was calling me to reschedule. *sigh*

I've had this appointment for about a month, and they call me approximately two hours before the appointment to cancel. Very inconvenient. I know this sort of thing happens, but to say I'm not thrilled is a mild way of putting it.

I was already running late getting Mini to school, and after that call, I had to stop and call my mom before she left her house to come here. By the time I got Mini into the jeep, we were already fifteen minutes behind.

Once back home from dropping off Minibeast, I opened twitter and learned that Kate Duffy has passed away. I'm in shock. I didn't know her personally, but she's been such a fixture in the romance community, it feels weird knowing she is no longer with us. My condolences to her family and friends.

What a bizarre way to start the week, eh? I need to write and forget myself for a while. Think I'll go do that now. I hope you all have a bright Monday.

Oh, BTW, I really, really, really want this book: http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780767931939

2 comments:

  1. I hate it when drs cancel. Especially when it's one of those drs you especially dread. Hope your week's better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nancy! The week's going fine, just have to wait a few extra days for new appointment & insulin. :P

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.