Saturday, September 19, 2009

Talk like a pirate, ye scurvy seadog!

Yar! It be International Talk Like a Pirate Day!
What are ye waiting for? Climb ye olde topsails and show me yer booty! #_^

Last night while tinkering around on twitter (and talking about pimp hats with Manda), I had an epic writing epiphany. Whee!

I figured out how to dig myself out of a major plot hole with the vampires, up the ante on the story, and infuse a bit more horror into an otherwise questionable romance. Why, yes, I am feeling rather snazzy. Thanks for asking!

I'm debating whether to enter the first chapters of my vamp story into the Suzannah contest. It would support my local RWA chapter, and I'd get very valuable feedback out of it, but the deadline is closing in and I don't think it's polished enough to submit as is.

I suppose if I can smooth it out in time, I'll send in my entry. No guarantees it would be accepted in though, waiting this late. There is a cut off after so many entries are received.

That's all I've got at the moment. It's rainy, gray, and quiet today. Unless you count the kids and Pitbull ambling through the house. Honestly, that's a-okay with me. More than anything, I'm just glad it's the weekend. Happy Saturday, everyone. Arrr!



2 comments:

  1. You should feel snazzy, you awesome writer, you! :) You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, big hugs, Isy. :*)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^