Sunday, September 06, 2009

Shall I Proceed (Yes, Indeed)

No Parking


I can hardly believe I slept until 11am this morning. Seriously, I haven't done that in years. Hubster got up with Mini, and let me sleep in while he ran to the store to buy a new grill. And oh, yeah, a new cell phone. *sigh* That man is such a phone slut. He goes through 'em like you wouldn't believe.

Tomorrow I'm taking Oldest to see his ex-girlfriend. Why? I have no idea. I honestly don't get it with those two. Once I'm back from that, I'm gonna knock out this one chapter then open a new .doc and do some naughty, naughty smut writing. I have an idea that might fit an open submission call I ran across at EREC. We'll see.

It's been a while since I checked in with my editor at Wild Child Publishing, but I heard that the latest editor of Weirdly 3 is going to push for an October release. I've got my fingers crossed. My story Only the Moon Will Tell (horror) is in the mix for that one, and I really, really like that story.

Also, I read on Lori Perkins' facebook page, that she's reading for the zombie anthology over the holiday weekend. So, if you're on the waiting bench for that one, that should be good to know. She received over 100 submissions; I wish I knew roughly how many stories they planned to pair that one down to. Ten? Twenty? I'd be doing "chances" math on the submissions process if I knew. Do you, or anyone else you know, do that? It works kinda like this:

100+ entries at a roughly x% acceptance rate (5% standard), divided by 20 available slots = estimated likelihood of acceptance. (Or, quite possibly, the equivalent number of bon bons you need on hand for when your R rolls in. Just saying.)

Madness, isn't it? FYI, I didn't just fail Algebra I, I epic-failed, so don't trust my math skillz. I'll lead straight you into integer oblivion. Seriously.

Okay, I'm outta here for today. It's sunny, the guys are BBQing, and I have new hiking boots. Now that's an equation I can work with. Happy Sunday everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.