Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Rainy Day, Late Post

Khan The Black Panther

Been a long day, but I'm actually getting some work done. I'm rewriting a chapter for Love Fool, and also working my way through a scene guide of sorts for my next vampire book. In a nutshell, I'm doing a ton of pre-writing. So far, I have about 10 index cards laid out for the vampire book.

The scene guide I'm working on is like the index cards, only it's a list of all the scenes numbered and jotted down in as much detail as I can think of. It's all in a word document that I plan to print when I have enough scenes to meet a 90k book. When I start writing this book, I want to have a solid boilerplate to go by, because I'm going to have a really narrow window in which to get that story written. We'll see how it goes. I won't actually start "writing" the book until October. That should give me plenty of time to finish Love Fool - if we can all just get over Pukefest 2009 here at home. :P

Speaking of, Mini did so well yesterday. He was feeling much better, and actually played around a bit. But last night, around midnight, I had just gone to bed when Mini rolled over and started yukking everywhere. OMFG. I had to pick him up and carry him to the bathroom where Pukefest continued for about 10 minutes. I told hubster if it didn't stop, we were going to ER. Mini finally settled down, and I ran a bath for him. Hubster bathed Mini while I went back to the bedroom and pulled off all the sheets and started them washing. I remade the bed and mopped the floor. What a job! Afterward, I put Mini in some fresh PJs and carried him on to bed. I tell you, though, I couldn't sleep. He'd move even a little and I was reaching over to check his temperature. By 2AM, I was feeling like I'd been plowed over by a truck.

When I did finally go to sleep, I felt like I wasn't really sleeping. Know what I'm talking about. Like being awake, but dreaming? Anyway, I dreamed I was in the bedroom, sitting on the bed. I'd gotten a new tattoo, one on my wrist. It was hubsters name in black script with stars on each end of it, but the minute I tried to show it to hubster, the tattoo wasn't there. It had moved, or I had apparently gotten it somewhere else than my wrist, and hubster was staring at me like I was crazy while I was pretty much stripping down, looking for this rogue tattoo.

Anyway, I don't think any of us got any decent sleep. Hubster called in to work, and stayed home with us. I'm glad, because I was actually able to sleep in until 8am. I don't think I could've made it through the day otherwise.

This week I've gotta get myself to the music store for a new hardshell case for my bass. My old case is so flimsy it pisses me off just looking at it. I'd wrap my bass and carry it before using that POS. So, a new case is in order, and I need to pick up new strings. My E string is shot. Honestly it's never a good thing for me to walk into a music store. It's like saying you're going to browse at a pet store. Uh, wrong answer. If you're there, you're bringing home a new puppy. Know what I mean? And the puppies I like are so damn expensive. I imagine hubster would crown me - and not in a good way - if I brought home, say, a new cabinet? Honestly, I've been very tempted lately. I won't be suprised if hubster checks me for c.cards before I walk out the door.

That's pretty much it for me. Work, work, and wishes. Same old, same old. I hope you all had a happy hump day. If not, hang in there - the weekend's almost on us. ~_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.