Thursday, September 03, 2009

A Fire I Can't Resist

More Russell Lupins. (2)


Gah! I can't seem to get my act together this week. I've accomplished next to nothing and my house is a wreck. I've gotta at least catch up on house cleaning in the morning so I can have a little free time over the weekend. I'm gonna have both kids home all weekend and on Monday, so that should be interesting. Honestly, I give it until 9am Saturday morning before the boy start irritating the bejeezus out of each other. I should be so lucky.

I did a little "rearranging" earlier today. I cleaned out Mini's closet and dresser, bagged up all his clothes that no longer fit and dropped them off at the LA Youth donation box. Now I'll be able to grab clothes and go. I tell ya, I have no idea how this stuff piles up! I already need to do another book cull, and OMG do I ever need to go through my closet and dresser. I just recently cleaned it out, but seriously... do I really need that Kurt Cobain green grunge sweater? The one I've had since 1992? *crickets* Well, maybe I'll keep it just a little longer... even though I imagine I couldn't fit one boob in it at this point. I've, achem, put on a few pounds since then.

So I finally watched The X-Files: I Want To Believe. Yeah, yeah, I'm slow off the mark. Tell me about it. I heard lots of mixed reviews, and didn't know what to expect, but it turns out I actually liked this one. A bit disturbing, yes. But CKR rocked the house as an illegal organ transporting Russian who drives a rusty snow-plow-truck-thing; and Xibit and Amanda Peet were awesome as FBI task force members.

I was browsing around on Amazon.com a few days ago (looking for a copy of above-said movie)and discovered that Rekindled Fire is now available for the Kindle. Cool beans! The anthology includes my werekind story Feral Instinct. :)

That's all I've got for tonight. Off to go brush my teeth and hit the sack. Night-night everyone!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I really enjoyed the latest X-Files movie. And hey, there's always next week to catch up on things. :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched the trailer a few times before seeing the movie. I totally didn't know what the plot was gonna be. I really liked it though. :) Happy weekend, to you as well!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^