Thursday, August 27, 2009

On Your List Of Things To Do

I've been clutzing myself out all day. I blame that whole Mars - Moon thing that's supposed to happen tonight. Hubby and I have taken bets. He thinks nothing is gonna happen. I vote zombie apocalypse, because that's just where my thoughts are right now.

So in liu of the coming zombie scourge, I decided to move the fridge and clean that little space between there and the stove today. What was I thinking? It's like a science experiment under there!

After scrubbing the under-fridge, mopping the floors and all that, I decided to scrub the doggy dishes. I reached for the steel scrubby in the sink and noticed there were two stuck together. I tried to pull them apart, but they were super velcro stuck! I tugged at them a while, and got them half separated when clutz strike #47 happened. My fingers slipped on this one band of steel scrubby...whatever, I felt a sharp slice and blood went everywhere. *_*

I wrapped my finger in a paper towel, and put pressure on it, all the while thinking somehow refridgerator sludge has probably intruded on the cut, infecting me with unimaginable household germs. Not a comforting thought. One rainbow band-aid later, I decided it would be safer to tinker around on Facebook until time to go pick up Minibeast from school.

There you have it. My day in a nutshell. Now that I'm back home the phone hasn't stopped ringing. Hubby ordered tires for his Jeep and they aren't here yet. *sigh* I sense it already. I'm going to be expected to sit by the door all day and wait for them to arrive. Gee, I hope that works out for him.

Tonight I'm going to work on chapter five of Love Fool. In the morning, I'm taking the Minibeast to school, and calling movie times to see when District 9 is playing. I've decided to go by myself rather than not go at all. At least this way I won't have to hold anyone else's popcorn. It's win-win!

Happy Thursday, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Ouch! Hope your finger feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kind of afraid of the science stuff that resides behind the fridge too. lol I gotta get some scrubby sponges and get on it- though I'll be very careful. ;)

    Hope you had a great afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! Hope you feel better and have a better Friday! You're very brave to clean behind the fridge. I did that in the late 90s. Haven't dared tackle it since.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Chandra. Apparently no infectious fridge germs got me. :*)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gloves, Isabelle. OMG, don't forget the gloves! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy, that's probably the last time I'd cleaned under the fridge too - in 1998 when we moved in. lol ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^