Sunday, August 02, 2009

Let the August Insanity Begin


I'm counting the hours until Mini's nite-nite time. I've been up since around 6:30ish, and hubby and I didn't go to be until 2:30 in the morning. :P The night before depature, ya know what I mean? We stayed up talking until I couldn't hold my eyes open anymore.

I'm feeling every minute of sleep deprivation, but every minute spent today was well spent. I hung out with hubby, doing his take away laundry, and making sure all his stuff was packed. Oldest came in from Grams so he could see his daddy for a few hours before hubster had to leave again. It was a very good morning.

Once hubster headed off to work again, I took the boys to the store to pick up a few odds and ends to make it through the week. More eggs, bread, and milk. That sort of thing. When we came back, I whipped up a lemon cheesecake, started the dishwasher, answered a few businessy-writerly emails, and took care of some updates over at the MMC website and blog. After that, I sat down to drink a cuppa tea and I saw a white SUV pull up in the front yard. Pitbull starts growling. I'm thinking: who the heck is that? Turns out it was the godfather in his new ride. He brought us some fresh peaches from the orchard then had to go. He's working parttime over in Nack-o-dish ^_^ and had a few appointments to take care of.

I came back in after he left - it was starting to rain a bit - and sat down to finish an email and drink my tea, when the phone rang. It was dad. Mom was off at church, so he needed someone to chit-a-chat with. But five minutes into that convo, someone else beeped in on me: the hubster. He'd safely arrived back to his hotel. We talked for a few minutes - oy, he sounded so darned tired. I finally let him go so he could settle in, and then called dad back.

The good news is, all is well, and I got a lot done today - even if it was all a lot of little things. I wish some of it had been on my wip, but beggers can't be choosers. I'm going to red pen a bit tonight if I'm not too tired, but likely I won't be able to dig my heels in until tomorrow after I'm back from errands.

That's it for me. I hope you've all had a snazzy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.