Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Interview and Book Haul




If I worked in casting, I'd be insane from matching celebs to comic book roles, particularly if an actor declined.
I've never paid that much attention to Sean Bean , but yesterday, I came across this picture of him and my jaw dropped. He should've played Sabretooth in the Xmen movies because - WOW.
On a completely different note, I have an interview live right now at Ann Lory's blog. It's going to be running from August 10th to the 16th. There are all kinds of fun questions on that one, such as what role I'd play in a movie, or how I'd write myself into a book as a villain. I hope you'll drop by and comment. I'm even going to tempt you...with chocolate! Muahahahaha! Seriously, one lucky commentor will win a box of chocolate, a tea sampler, plus book marks and signed author book cards from my werekind series. So don't miss out! Drop by http://annlory.blogspot.com and say hello!
Lots of things are going on here at Chez Zane. Yesterday my baby became officially registered in preschool. :*0 Today hubster is back to work. Next week both boys head off to school, so I am kinda going through pre-empty nest trauma. How do cope with all this? Um. I buy books. Heaps of them.
At one of my area stores - I'm still trying not to swoon from the shock - I found a heap of yummy paranormal romance/horror titles on the shelves. Some of them were on my wish list at Amazon, so that makes it a find + bonus points. Anyway, you know what I did? I shamelessly grabbed every single one of those books. Oh.Yes.I.Did. The cashier looked at me like I'd lost my mind. I mean, they're not exactly known for their book section - right, right?
Let's see, I brought home Dead Souls by Michael Laimo, The Ravening by Dawn Thompson, Immortals: The Gathering by Jennifer Ashley, Ambrosial Flesh by Mary Ann Mitchell, Infernal Angel by Edward Lee; and Sunlight, Moonlight by Amanda Ashley. Yeah, I'm kinda in book heaven right now. Such is bliss. :*)
One more thing before I close this post, the Rose's Colored Glasses 50 Books a Year writing workshop is still going on, and it's still FREE. Everyone is on lesson 3 today, but for anyone interesting in signing up late, it's all good! There's plenty of time to catch up on the early lessons, so why not drop in? The link to the workshop page is on my right sidebar under Chat and Events.
That's all for now. I hope you all have a snazzy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. He really DOES look like Sabretooth! Weird.

    And OMG, Mini is going to school! I can't imagine. *hugs* He's a big boy now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mini is READY. He's been walking around the house with his backpack on - "Can we go to school now?"

    Oy vey. Seven more days to go....

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^