Friday, August 28, 2009

I Get One Every Year


It's official - I've survived another year! I'm not placing any benchmarkers on my level of sanity, but by all outward appearances I'm holding it together. Yay! *twitch* No grand plans in store for today in the real world, unless you count going to see District 9 and shopping. Oh! My girl pal Cass at the Midnight Moon Cafe is throwing a virutal celebration for me, and that is rather nifty. Woot!


Ah, time for the annual birthday photo....
Look, mom! No makeup!
Here I am at the ripe old age of 34. I'm pretty sure I took that while making some LOLs this morning, hence that faint look of mischief.
Now, I'm going to share a little secret. Ready? Ok. No matter how old you are right now, at this very moment, it's the youngest you will ever be again. So drink it up, youngster. There's only the future to look forward to!
You know, now that I think about it, the last time I posted a picture of myself on my birthday, I'd just turned 29. I'd planned to chronicle my last year as a 20 something. Hm. That didn't quite work out like I expected. I ended up pregnant 3 months later with Minibeast, and charted my pregnancy instead of my 29 Adventures. Boy, time sure flies! Those posts are actually still lingering around somewhere. There's even a 8 month-er tummy shot in the archives, too. Hey, I rocked the pregnant thing with Mini. Really, I did. I had "the glow".

I've been plotting again...*evil hand wringing* No, I'm not talking about books. I'm talking about taking a vacation - in Arkansas! It's getting into rockin' awesome hiking weather, and I'm kinda looking at this place. This link has a lot of good pictures of the area and a map to go with it. It's really not that far away, so it's one of those quality over distance things. I'd like to take a trip sometime in September or October. We'll see!
That's about it for today. In about 20 minutes I gotta drag out the sneakers and go pick up the Minibeast from school. Happy Friday, everyone. I hope you have an awesome weekend! ~_^

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Cora! Have an awesome one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Sugar! Woot!

    ((huggs))

    Cass

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.