Saturday, August 15, 2009

Hearts and Jeeps



I wish I was THERE, wherever that picture was taken. I'd be sitting in the shade of one of those palm trees. Or maybe I'd driving in the Jeep, heading off to some secluded hiking spot. Yeah, I think I like that idea better - a cabin in the woods. I love the smell of rich, dark soil, and lots of shady green. I think that could have something to do with my discontentment lately. I need to get away for a while.

Today it's mountain o' laundry day, and this afternoon I get to play hair stylist for Oldest. I'm gonna pin all his hair on top his head, shave the sides and back, then cut the top short toward the back and longer emo bangs in the front. Then I'm going to bleach the top. He needs it in a bad way. He kinda looks like blonde shaggy right now, complete with facial scruff.



But first order of business, I plan to get at least 10 pages revised today. I'm not lifting a finger elsewhere until I've met that goal. I feel like I can get this book ready to submit to a crit partner by the first Friday in September if only I can get all the back to school finished so I can actually sit down with it and just focus on getting the project knocked out.

I heard that the annual I Heart Presents contest is going on. Anyone else thinking of entering this? I have an idea for a story, but don't know if I'll have time to work on an entry. It's a thought, though....

That's it for now. It's already after nine so I better get started. I hope you all have a snazzy weekend!

4 comments:

  1. You can do it, Cora! I know you can! 10 pages is totally doable! Don't give up. I know you're overwhelmed. Heck, I'm overwhelmed just READING the list of stuff you gotta do. But once you're done with the story, you can wipe your hands and feel accomplished. *hugs*

    I'm here if you need me for anything (including just random venting). Call or email, k? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ten pages! You can do it. My slackass would never be able to manage. I'm all for the beach and hiking in the mountains though. Sign me up for that. Good luck on the pages :)

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's late and I'm still working at it, y'all. I've vowed to myself I'm not going to bed tonight until I reach goal. :P

    Isy, I owe you an email. That's long overdue! You'll be hearing from me shortly, I promise! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Kimi - nice to see you here! :)

    August is a tough month for me, so I'm tempted to run screaming into the wilderness...I mean, hiking in the mountains. Hehe! ~_^

    Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.