Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First Day of Pre-school

Today was Mini's first day of pre-school. :*) I'm happy to report everything went okay with my baby. The teacher didn't pull me aside to tell me Mini was swinging from the drapes, or rehearsing his George Carlin 5 Words sketch, so I'm calling it a sucess. *faint*

I wish I could've asked the teacher more about the day, but when I walked in, Mini looked at me and said, "I don't wanna leave!"

I said, "Aw, you want to stay and play?" When he said "yeah", all the teachers chuckled. I can only take that as a good sign.

I turned around to sign the check out sheet, and the teacher asked him where his cookies were. Apparently he'd dropped them on the floor (they were wrapped in cello), so he climbed under the table to get them. Of course, on his way out from under there, he bonked his head.

Wailing ensued. I'm telling you, he bawled. I kissed his noggin and picked him up. To keep from upsetting the other kids, I decided to take him out, and told him to say "bye-bye". He did, but it was tear-faced and I'm just shaking my head, thinking: Poor, Beast.

Right before I walked out, the teacher told me he took a nap, but I can only guess it wasn't long enough. He carried on well after I'd settled him into the Jeep. Whatever the case, that was a first day for the memory books. I'm exceedingly glad he didn't spend it in time out!

As for me, it's been a strange, productive, and relaxing day. Chapter four (formerly known as the chapter of doom) is complete. It's been revised within an inch of its existence, and is now in the final draft file. Awesomeness! Tonight I'm printing up chapter five, and thus the process begins again.

Now that Mini's home, I can allow myself to officially feel tired. :P Hubster won't be home for another hour, so I think I'm going to pile up on the couch and take a nap. I hope you all had a snazzy Wednesday!


4 comments:

  1. Awww... look at Mini in his first day of school glory! :) How cute.

    And good for you for getting to chapter 5! Sounds like a busy and draining day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute picture! Congrats on the new adventure for him and writing progress for you. : )

    Meanwhile, I don't know why nap time is something that gets phased out around kindergarten. I feel like it would be a nice mainstay throughout the rest of school and in the work day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isabelle, I had such a great day yesterday, but boy was it ever draining. Either that, or I am truly getting old. I went to bed last night at 8:30 and hubster had to drag me out of bed at 6:30 this morning. I can't remember the last time I got that much sleep. ROFL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks bunches, Emerald. It certainly was a good, memorable day yesterday. :*)

    I have no idea why we phase out naps after kindergarten, but I'd certainly be willing to keep it going. I'm usually ready for one around 3 in the afternoon. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^