Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Find Beauty In All Things



It's kinda late, but I'm going to post anyway. Hell, maybe I'll even get this post finished before midnight. We'll see. That said, I don't think any order is going to come back into my life until after school starts next week. There, I've said it. Life may officially fall apart now. It has my permission. Seriously.

I'm nervous as hell about Mini going to preschool, but oh...the kid really, really wants to go. Of course, he doesn't know what it is at this point, just that his big bubba goes, and he sees shows like Little Bill, and the kids are in kindergarten, etc. At any rate, he's going. It's a done deal, and honestly, I need some me time. Time when there are no kids in the house. Time when there is no one asking me to get them drink, or to stand with them in the bathroom, or to find their socks, shoes, brain, etc. etc. etc.
I'm nervous, yes. But I've been telling myself on a daily basis since Mini's registration came through that I have earned this ONE year with both kids in school at the same time. Oldest is entering his senior year - Mini is just getting started. Whatever comes after this, heaven help me.
I kinda look at it like this: I've wracked up four years of 24 hour maid service since Mini was born. I am due, my friends. In seven days, I will have the house to myself for several hours during the day. That is some scary and exciting stuff.
Somehow today, I managed to get twenty-two pages of Love Fool revised. Good grief, but that's one you haven't heard about in a while isn't it? LOL I had to put the futuristic away for a while, and give it a rest. I think I started tinkering with revisions on it too soon after writing "the end". I need to step back and let it go for a month, try to get the rhythm of that story out of my head. I start working on it and I miss things, and end up on the same sections over and over. Blech. I'm still too involved with it, so I sorted through some of my old files, and decided to pick up Love Fool again.
The draft for Love Fool is complete, so I've made a new plan: I want to finish revisions on it by the end of August - beginning of September. Soon as that's cleaned up, I plan to send it on to the editor that requested it. I'm off to a good start, so we'll see what happens. If I can get in 10 pages of revisions a day on Love Fool, I think can have this thing knocked out fairly quickly.
When that's done, I should be deprogrammed from writing the futuristic and ready to go back and tackle the revisions over there. Or, so I hope. I could just be mildly insane. I guess time will tell.
That's it for now. It's nearly midnight, and I'd like to get in another three pages before I hop off to bed. Nite-nite, everyone! ;0)

6 comments:

  1. My son starts kindergarten this year and my daughter goes to the 4th grade. I haven't been alone in 9 years. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself! I so know how you feel on this one. I'm nervous about how he is going to do but at the same time I'm so ready for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're working on LoveFool! Nice! So excited. I know what you mean about being too close to a project and over editing. I do it all the time!

    *hugs* Things will slow down once school starts. In the meantime, hang on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll get used to it in no time, my friend. Trust me!

    I've finally got some free reads up on my site, if you're interested. One erotic, one...not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here, Sarah. I'm worried how he'll do with the other kids, but I am sooo ready for some home alone time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Isy, yeah, I just need a break. The story is still too fresh in my mind. You know, how you can quote parts of it, and you miss stuff when reading? I'm doing that now with the futuristic, so it needs putting away for a while. I'll get it going soon enough. ^_^

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah M, woot on the free reads! I'll drop by in the morningand nab a few! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^