Saturday, August 01, 2009

Cold Blue Eyes, Turn To Stone



First things first, courtesy of Skyhorse Publishing, I'm giving away a copy of both The Vampire Seduction Handbook, and The Zen of Zombie at the Midnight Moon Cafe today. You have until midnight CST to enter, and all ya gotta do is post what you would do to seduce a vampire in the comments. Easy peasy, so go and enter to win a free book!

Hubster is home for the weekend, so I've mostly been visiting with him and doing his laundry to take back with him tomorrow. That, and watching the BSZ movie. I heart DBZ, but I swear, every time I look at Bulma in this movie, all I can do is stare at the track for the blue extensions she's wearing. I try not to, but I can't help it - it's very distracting! Couldn't they have found an actress willing to wear a blue wig? Or get their hair done ala Gwen Stefani style?

Anyway, since it's the start of a new month today, I'm gonna set new goals for myself. My main goal is to have at least half of this effing manuscript revised by the end of August. I know it's going to be a challenge because of back to school, and hubster being out of town, but I'm determined to give it my best shot. At the moment things feel like they're dragging on endlessly, and it's got me in a tizzy. I hate revising almost as much as researching. The sooner I get this book polished and ready to go, the better I'll feel. For serious. :P

As for other goals, I wanna be down another five pounds by my birthday, which is at the end of this month. I've lost a total of fifteen pounds since I restarted Atkins, and I've kept it off, but I've also been on a long stall, so it's looking like it's time to break out the big guns: perhaps a repeat of induction is necessary.
If I can pull off both of those, I'll feel accomplished. I keep having to tell myself "small steps", but it's kinda hard to wrap your mind around it when what you want is to see big results fast. It's just one of those things, I guess.

One more thing before I close today. Minibeast...the kid amazes me sometimes. When we were in the throws of a really hard thunderstorm the other day, he came over to my desk and took out some computer paper. He went and sat at the table, drawing while I did a little work. After a few minutes he says, "Mimi, come look. I wrote my name!" I walk over to the table, and I am stunned. The kid had indeed written his first name. *_* Cool beans!

Happy weekend, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I didn't even know there was a DBZ movie!! Sheesh, I'm falling behind.
    Ever seen Neon Genesis Evangelion? I love NGE. I keep hearing about a live-action version of it. Kinda worried. Not sure how well it would translate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Keanu Reeves is playing Spike in the Cowboy Bebop movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A live-action version of NGE? Wow. *_* I hadn't heard about that. I'm curious how they'd pull it off?

    I gotta admit I'm excited to see Cowboy Bebop coming to the screen. As for Keanu as Spike, I've heard folks fussing about it, but I'm thinking he'll do okay. Certainly no worse than the guy they got to play Goku on DBZ. That was a total WTF batch of casting. LOL When you watch the DBZ movie, you'll have to post what you thought!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I'm okay with Keanu, too. He's got the same kind of vibe that Spike has. I just wonder who they'll get to play Faye.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.