Monday, August 03, 2009

Bills and Stuffed Animals

funny pictures of cats with captions

Oh, kitteh... I feel your pain. ~_~'


I woke up this morning completely disoriented. What day of the week is it? Isn't there something I'm supposed to do? A few more hours of sleep wouldn't have gone amiss, but Mini was up and roaming the house, so I figured I should get up and feed him. And make coffee.

One thing for sure, the house needs a thorough cleaning, starting with the living room. It looks like a toy bomb went off in there. There's stuffed animal confetti scattered around all over the place. Where the heck do they all come from - the stuffed animals, I mean? I remember when Mini was small, telling family to please not overdo with stuffed animal gifts because I don't have the heart to throw them out a lot of times, but they tend to breed into great mountainous heaps of "where the eff do I put this?" Sort of like now. *shakes fist at plush cuteness*

Who am I kidding? I need to send the kids away to Grams for a weekend and do a complete house cull - toys, books, clothes, and dishes. Do hubby and I really need 25coffee mugs? Seriously. It's about time to box it all up and take it to the Salvation Army.

On the agenda today, I have some stuff to catch up on, emails to get out, and a few errands to run for the hubster before I can break out the wip. This afternoon, I've promised Mini a few rounds of Hi-Ho Cherry-O.

That's it for me. I better get my coffee fix going so I can get going. I hope you all have a happy day.

4 comments:

  1. I spent most of last month wondering what day it was. It was a never ending loop of road-hospital-road-collapse until Dad passed, then it became road-Mom's-road-collapse. *_*

    I'm still struggling to regain life as normal. At least what normal it can be with my favorite family member gone.

    House cleaning? Don't get me started. Between Kat and I would could have a truckload of stuffies to toss. >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, hon. It takes time. *hugs*

    Forget the house cleaning, I'm so glad to hear from you. If you ever need to vent, you know where I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me laugh out loud, and I hear you. I did a thorough cleaning of my residence last week — amidst a feeling of otherwise remarkable lack of productivity. I also hear you about the culling. I did that a couple years ago, fairly ruthlessly compared to how I have tended to do it in the past (heh), but I still feel it would be not uncalled for to do it again.

    So, AE, I don't know you, but since I read your comment, I want to offer deep reverence and respect for the loss you've experienced.

    Best to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emerald, every few years I have to do the cull. Where does all this stuff come from?

    If I have one of the kids or the husbter help me, there is a lot of "Oh, hey! Honey, remember this thing? Wow, I totally forgot we had this!"

    And we end up keeping a lot of stuff that I wouldn't if they weren't looking. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.