Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Turning More Pages


I received a gorgeous art print in the mail today from P.S. Haven. It totally made my day. :*) I won it through one of his bad ass contests hosted over at Faster, Baby!, which is one of my favorite blogs, so be sure to check it out.
It's been a tough week here so far, but I'm soldiering through and trying to keep my chin up. I recently picked up a copy of Making Waves by Cathryn Fox and Jaci Burton, so I'll probably sit down with that this evening. Tell me that isn't one gorgeous cover, btw. Sexy mermaids? Yep, count me in with a cuppa tea. Can't wait to read this one!
I've been plugging away at my wip on and off throughout the day. It's kinda been a slow writing day, but overall the project is going very well. I hit the 70k mark earlier this afternoon, and stopped to celebrate with a Diet Dr. Pepper and a bowl of pork rinds which Pitbull insisted I share with him, the poor underfed beast. :P
Since my writing mini-goal for the week was 65k, I toyed with the idea of upping the ante, but I think I'm just going to keep at it without revamping the goal until Saturday night. At that point I'll see what I've got and go from there. I don't want to set a goal so close to the end of the week and push myself to the point of burn out.
That said, the world is still turning. Can't ask for much more than that, I guess. I'm off to figure out what's for supper and do a few house-wifely things. I hope you all have a happy hump day.

7 comments:

  1. which one did you get Cora?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked out Expectations. :*)

    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=24675504

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment on my blog. I'm glad you enjoyed the book. I worked on that for 16 months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-)

    I've got that one above my desk - I like it and it's "safe" to have hanging there, what with my kids around and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, awesome!! So glad you like it! Thanks for the kind words, Cora. And congrats on 70K!
    (verification word: teeza. Not to be confused with pleeza. Or the 1986 UTFO album, Skeezer Pleezer...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. L.K., it was certainly worth the effort. It's a very good book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Haven, looks like you found my post before I could email you. ^_^

    Just for the record, the pic looks fantastic hanging on the wall! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^