Friday, July 03, 2009

Friday Sparklies



I did it! Around 2 this morning I hit the 60k mark on the wip. Woot! With that mini-goal in the bag, it's time for another one. I'm going for 65k by the 10th. That will give me time to do a few plot cards this weekend, maybe write a little bit, too. That gives me a daily target of 1k each day next week, which is a doable, realistic goal. And if I somehow go above 65k, all the better. But the point is to be able to write and not stress out about it.
I plan to take the boys to my parents for a July 4th BBQ. Hubster has to work, sadly, but I'll bring him a plate back. We're going to do ice cream sundaes (entirely sugar free) instead of apple pie this year - I'm going to pick up a small watermelon too. Then there will be the BBQ itself, plus beans, and I'll be bringing devilled eggs, spinach ricotta casserole, and probably a nuke it in the microwave container of macaroni and cheese for Minibeast. He likes mac and cheese with...oh, just about everything. If nothing else, I know he'll eat that.
Well, Mini has just informed me the clock is on the 11, so that means the Panda is open. So, do you think he wants Chinese food today? :P Oldest has just poked his head around the door and seconded the motion, so I guess we are. I suppose I should go run a brush through my hair and find my Jackie O. sunglasses. Time to start the weekly run.
Happy Friday, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! 60K! ((hugs))

    Bear and I are having some friends over and firing up the BarBe. :)

    Basic mystery meat fare for the carnivores. Made potato salad and backed beans as well. Roasted corn with honey butter and fresh sliced tomatoes from the garden. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds gooood, you guys! We're getting together with the grandparents Saturday. Well, the kidlets and me. Hubster will be working.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^