Thursday, July 16, 2009

Coffee is like Rainbows



I'm hanging out doing laundry while waiting for hubster to haul Mini to a puppet show at the library. We haven't yet told Mini he's going, but I imagine he'll be psyched once he figures it out. He loves the library.

I stayed up last night with the wip and realized just what a monumental task this revision is really going to be. Not that I don't think it can be done, or that it's not worth doing. Just that it's going to take a lot of work on a lot of pages to polish this story and give it the tone that I want it to have. That really sank in last night once I started going through the first chapter. It's not terrible, just very, very rough. However, when going through this thing near midnight, I'm making notes and thinking urgh...this is so not where my head is right now.

So today I'm making it a point to get my head back in the game. I'm denying the muse right now. No books, no flipping through notes or notecards. No kind of story stimuli until I get a chance to sit down with the wip. Come hell or high water, I'm going to get through this.

2 comments:

  1. You know I'll help in any way I can, sugar, ((hugs)).

    ReplyDelete
  2. *big hugs* Take care of that foot, lady! I'm heading over your way to check in right now.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.